Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Blue Schoolhouse on Stilts

Hello!

Our house is now floating 8 feet above the ground – what a sight! The boys love it. It looks like our house just sailed in and docked on the side of the yard. They’re getting ready to excavate the basement. It will be a complete mess. The big trucks will have to drive through Bill's new blackberry and aronia bushes, which is quite sad. On the whole, though, they are restricting the damage to a pretty reasonable area.





The guys are all sleeping, so I have nothing that I can truthfully report about the farm. (I’ll avoid my usual strategy of making things up.) I will say that I had a hybrid tomato for lunch, and I honestly can’t believe how much better the heirlooms are. I ate it because I had no choice, but I will not do it again. Lesson: Buy heirlooms.

Here’s what we’ll have on Saturday …

Tomatoes
Eggplant
Leeks
Poblano Peppers
Sweet Peppers
Green Bell Peppers
Cucumbers
Green beans
Dragon tongue beans
Summer squash
Potatoes
Carrots
Shallots
Fennel
Swiss chard
Head Lettuce
Beets
Onions
Garlic
Basil
Broccoli?
Cabbage (Red)
Okra

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email us at blueschoolhouse@yahoo.com, although during the farm season we can’t guarantee that we’ll be checking the email as often as usual. Our phone service is dead for the next few weeks until the house is moved back onto the new basement!

Best,
Mercy

No comments: